Employer: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES
Basic Functions: The Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess is responsible for ensuring quality housekeeping service and high standards of cleanliness in all areas, as per company guidelines. The Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess will be assigned to a Stateroom Steward/ess. The Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess has a combined role in staterooms and public areas.
Responsibility and authority:
- Extend appropriate greetings to all guests at every opportunity.
- Apply hospitality standards at all times in guest and crew areas.
- Follow all safety regulations (boat drills, lifejacket issues etc) during the course of duty.
- Adhere to all safety and operational instructions regarding handling chemicals.
- Advise any guest challenges immediately to Housekeeping Management.
- Report and follow up on all maintenance issues with the Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
- Make sure all staterooms are serviced twice a day to the cleaning and set-up standard required.
- Respond to all guest requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure balconies and furniture are kept clean (where applicable).
- Ensure hallway/corridor and steward lockers are maintained clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure carpets in cabins and hallways/corridors are maintained clean by daily spotting and reporting.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly cared for, cleaned and stored correctly.
- Ensure that food service items are removed from the staterooms promptly and returned to the appropriate area. Under no circumstances should they be stored on the carpet.
- Ensure timely delivery of collected liquor, tour tickets and other stateroom deliveries with the Stateroom Steward/ess.
- Be able to provide fun & memorable vacations to our guests consistently each week.
- Assist with luggage delivery and related duties as instructed.
- Coverage of Stateroom services as required as part of ongoing training.
- Be outgoing & project a friendly & fun demeanor at all times. We sell fun & smiling and friendliness is paramount to any shipboard position 7 days a week.
- At least 21 years of age
- Good English
- Hospitable personality
- Relevant experience
Work on cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Food, accommodation, and insurance expenses are covered by the company.
Work experience in International team.
Apply now to be invited for the job interviews forwarding your CV in ENGLISH to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Personnel Managers can communicate in English, Russian and Lithuanian languages.