ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES Ltd.
Position Title: Broadcast Assistant (ML Class and SL Class)
Reports To: Broadcast Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
This position assists the Broadcast Manager in providing television and “radio” programming. Onboard television and radio broadcasts consist of a mix of pre-recorded and/or live material. Sources of broadcast material include satellite programming, terrestrial broadcasts, pre-recorded content, and live content. Live content can be from a satellite feed or from a lecture or show taking place onboard the ship.
“Radio” programming can consist of satellite or terrestrial radio broadcasts, or pre-recorded material played back onboard. This includes in cabin music channels and the background music distributed around the ship via the ship’s PA system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards. In accordance with the Company's Service and Etiquette Philosophy program, each employee shall conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees, in the presence of guests or in crewmember areas.
1. Assists the Broadcast Manager in the formulation of television and radio broadcast schedule/s.
2. Assists the Broadcast Manager in carrying out the television and radio broadcast schedules paying attention to start times and broadcast quality. This includes tuning in satellite or terrestrial broadcasts and/or loading and starting pre-recorded content.
3. Assists the Broadcast Manager in creating programming where necessary. This means shooting and editing various lectures, activities, or shows for playback at later times, or shooting and mixing them for live broadcast. This can include many types of material as required for support of the cruise product. Examples include informational material about the ship, its destinations, or its personnel (i.e., Shore Excursions, port information, Bridge, Galley, or Engine Room tours by video, lectures, interviews and many other possibilities).
4. Assists the Broadcast Manager with entry and update of information contained in presentations such as Power Point, which give daily schedule information and highlights, special promotions, weather conditions, etc.
5. Assists the Broadcast Manager with monitoring of the PA system around the ship paying attention to clarity, volume, and coverage.
6. Assists the Broadcast Manager with monitoring of video presentations in the Conference Room/ cinema, children’s playroom, and other possible areas
7. around the ship.
8. Assists the Broadcast Manager in overseeing the video-related requirements and related setups for special groups that may take place in various lounges around the ship. This is to be done in collaboration with the A-V Manager.
9. Assists the Broadcast Manager in overseeing the video-related requirements and related setups for activities that may take place in various lounges around the ship. This is to be done in collaboration with the A-V Manager. Examples of this are Karaoke and special events such as the Super Bowl or World Cup.
10. Assists the Broadcast Manager in maintaining complete records of equipment failures and requesting repair or replacement; also in keeping records of equipment that has been repaired and returned to service, or replacement equipment that has been provided. Assists with maintaining up-to-date documentation of inventory related to both equipment and supplies. Assists with keeping notes of the ongoing status of equipment and the Broadcast operational area in general. The reports and documentation described above are to be provided to the Broadcast Manager’s successor as “hand-over notes” and are also to be forwarded to the ship’s management, and corporate office on the first day of each month for archiving.
11. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
12. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
13. Attends mandatory crewmember's and guest safety drills as required.
14. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
NOTE: All work becomes the property of the Company. This is intended to include absolutely all material whether intellectual or artistic in nature and includes programming of controllers, as well as creation of graphics, both raw and edited video, lighting or sound cues/programming, rigging cues/programming, computer programs/routines/files, and any other work done or utilized for the Company. There is no contemplation of additional compensation for such work.
You can apply for this job if you are:
MINIMUM AGE LIMIT IS 21 Y.O.
PROFESIONAL KNOWLEDGE WITH WORK EXPERIENCE ARE A MUST
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
- This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Minimum of one years experience in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship, entertainment or recreational industry (shipboard experience preferred).
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Superior customer service, team building and conflict resolution skills.
- Very strong communication, problem solving, organizational, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer software skills required.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Course work in TV/Video production at an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfill the following:
- Completion of two contracts with a performance rating of satisfactory or above along with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred
Our Personnel Managers can communicate in English, Russian and Lithuanian languages
Apply now forwarding your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org