Your Move, in collaboration with the Cabot Business Service Center in Riga, is looking for a Buyer. We're looking forward to your application!
The Buyer will be responsible for supporting specific Cabot production sites in the US in obtaining goods and services that are necessary for running smooth operations.
In this role, you will be working with established vendors to procure standard (centrally sourced) items and with the selection of suppliers for non-centrally sourced items. The common purchasing duties for a Buyer include procuring items for the manufacturing plants, setting up and managing bid requests, and working with internal customers to identify and understand purchasing needs.
This role is part of the Global Purchasing team that is based in Riga and provides procurement services to a number of manufacturing facilities and offices globally.
Working hours: 11:30 - 20:00
- Identifies and implements the most cost-effective and efficient way to purchase small and/or local items. Uses various Cabot accepted methods and tools to minimize cost and administrative time;
- Establishes and maintains a supply base for products and services purchased;
- Manages supplier data on an ongoing basis;
- Fosters and maintains positive business relationships with suppliers and production sites;
- nsures timely delivery of goods and services that meet quality, timing and price terms. Resolves any commercial issues and coordinates quality claims through Purchasing Managers;
- Contributes to supplier assessments for Regional or Global purchased items as required. Reports findings pertaining to elimination or reduction of costs;
- Works as part of the team and contributes to ongoing purchasing projects.
- Previous experience and interest in purchasing/sales/customer-facing roles;
- Understanding of contract language terms and conditions as well as contract design;
- Experience in market research;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Team player;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Science or any comparable discipline;
- Languages: Fluent in English, Spanish would be considered as an advantage.
- Company parties.
- Education reimbursement.
- Health insurance.
- Professional development.
- Teambuilding events.
If you are interested in this job offer, please press "Apply now" ("Pieteikties").