This is the top security executive in the company. He or she will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). The CSO will oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company, including information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and other groups, and will identify security initiatives and standards. The candidate's direct reports will include the chief information security officer and the board.
Candidate should be able to :
• Oversee a network of security directors and vendors who safeguard the company's assets, intellectual property and computer systems, as well as the physical safety of employees and visitors.
• Identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate strategic plan.
• Manage the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Physical protection responsibilities will include asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, video surveillance, and more. Information protection responsibilities will include network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies, employee education and awareness, and more.
• Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
• Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
Work with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits.
• Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the senior management team and who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
• Should have experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation.
• Must have strong working knowledge of pertinent law and the law enforcement community.
• Must have a solid understanding of information technology and information security.
• Excellent oral and written English
• Challenging, exciting, ‘world first’ projects
• A young multi-national English-based team
• Office located in the very center of Riga, walking distance to most of the popular restaurants, pubs, cafés and night clubs – 100s of them.
• Work environment according to International standards (currently setting up on-site recreational facilities – gym, entertainment area and cafeteria)
• Care and dedication from the management team and your colleagues – we’re all striving to achieve the common good
• Aid in the relocation process, for you and your close family, if needed