- Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly management activities of the database such as monitoring and incidents tracking,
- Installation of new databases in the production environment, following the documentation of the supplier of the database,
- Back-up and restore of databases
- Design, implement and maintain operational procedures for production databases,
- Manage database configuration
- Interface with the Database architects of the development groups for 3rd level escalation and application trouble shooting and resolution
- On call duty
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic qualifications in the area of Information Technology;
- Sound knowledge (oral and written) of at least two EU official languages, including English;
- Qualifications; MCDBA and/or MCSE
- Work experience - a minimum of 3 years in database administration.
The following skills are required:
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL server
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Server 2000 - 2003
- Good knowledge of Active Directory and System Administration
- MS Exchange management.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft IIS servers
- Knowledge of other RDBMS, such as Oracle.
- General knowledge of ITIL, in particular configuration, problem and change management
- Knowledge of SAN technology and clustering
- Good organisational skills
- Good level of motivation for interpersonal contacts
- High level of initiative, creativity and cooperation
- Good handling of stress and flexible hours at short notice
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Flexibility in working hours, as well as willing to work during weekends and nights when needed.
Basic salary – 4637,17 EUR (tax deduction in Europol is approx. 8% - 10%).
In addition, when relevant, family allowances can be granted:
- 5% of the basic salary – household allowance;
- 275,59 EUR - per dependant child;
- 599,11 EUR – expatriation allowance
- Additional benefits (annual trip home, education, rent and other allowances, excellent health insurance, etc).
The successful applicants shall be subject to security screening in compliance with the confidentiality regulations adopted pursuant to Article 31 of the Europol Convention.
Applicants are required to fill out the Europol application form in English and submit it together with a curriculum vitae. Further information, including general conditions of employment and the application form can be obtained at the Europol web site (www.europol.eu.int) or by calling the HR unit - +31703025334/298.
Job location: The Hague
Only citizens from one of the European Member States are allowed to apply.