- Key participant in finance acquisitions, integrations and purchase accounting review/sign-off (sponsor, coordinator, consultant)
- Controllership initiative for the local business
- Ensure that business assets, and G/L accounting activities have functional integrity, proper controls, are well managed and operating efficiently. This includes all reporting activities.
- Responsible for integrity of business accounting policies and procedures. Direct tie-in to risk management and FP&A as well as other local business leaders.
- Responsible for oversight on all processes linking to financial reporting.
- Assist in the direction of the team responsible for closing audits and liaison with region/HQ auditors. Coordinate with business team regarding financial reporting and closing issues.
- Understand business risks and how that impacts financial reporting.
- Drive internal control initiatives and coordinate GE wide controllership initiatives with HQ and local business
- Train and coach local accounting team
- Take ownership for closing and reporting processes in accordance to local and US GAAP legislation. Continue to improve routines and processes.
- Higher education in Finance/Economics, 3+ work experience
- Fluency in Latvian and English
- Excellent time management skills and high sense of responsibility
- Eager to learn and develop
- You can work independently and enjoy problem solving and solution finding
- Strong financial analytical skills and proven ability to identify issues and recommend solutions
- Process minded, but are thorough and detail oriented when required
- Banking knowledge, auditing background and ACCA qualification will be considered as an advantage
GE Offers an opportunity to become part of one of the world's best-known companies, competitive salary and the professional advantage of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Please, send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org