- to inform the company management and the chief engineer about potential exceeding costs, non-compliances and other problems of the construction project in a timely manner;
- to ensure within the project team that the projects in the accountancy system are entered with proper accounting structure of Work headings;
- to be responsible for entering the winning tender budget and the tender data in the accounting/reporting system;
- to provide support to each group of the project, preparing monthly project reports from the accounting/reporting system of the company;
- to be responsible for checking payment requests and changes orders requests submitted by contractors to ensure proper and timely processing of invoices and changes orders;
- to carry out development and supervision of appropriate measures to ensure regular comparison among expenses, budgets and the projected cost estimate of the project at the end of the project;
- to verify consistency of the payment requests and the money flow schedule with the design and/or construction contract.
- second level highest education in construction estimating, engineering or other equivalent technical sphere;
- estimating engineer certificate (for example, RICS/CIOB);
- in-depth knowledge in management systems of companies within which construction contract of at least 100 million EUR value has been managed;
- knowledge in public procurement law;
- knowledge in risk management;
- knowledge in applying various standards of construction contracts (especially FIDIC);
- experience in managing supervision of amount (estimates) of construction contract works of large scale (at least 100 million EUR);
- experience in negotiation and solving disputes, and preparing reports on both the client’s and the suppliers’(contractors’) side;
- experience in work with different unit price contracts;
- experience in estimating costs of railway infrustructure;
- very good English skills.
The following will be considered as advantage:
- knowledge and skills in LEAN management principles and 6 Sigma.
Additional information on the project: Rail Baltica is a rail transport project whose goal is to integrate the Baltic States into the European rail network, and it currently includes four European Union countries - Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. In the Baltic States, it is planned to build a new, more than 870 km long European track gauge (1435 mm) railway line with maximum speed of 240 km/h, promoting mobility of people and cargo transportation in the north-south direction, as well as sustainable and diversified development and competitiveness of the economy.
Application documents (application letter, copies of documents certifying education and CV with description of the main job duties) shall be sent to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post to CV Keskus OU Latvia branch (Antonijas iela 24 - 3, Riga, LV-1010), or submitted personally to CV Keskus OU Latvia branch office at Antonijas iela 24 - 3, Riga, LV-1010, contacting us in advance via phone +371 67358852.