ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES Ltd. - www.royalcaribbean.com
Maintains public areas and crew quarters in a clean and orderly condition by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean
International’s Gold Anchor standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental,
and safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in
Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner
at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow
shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Operates steam cleaning equipment, scrapers, brooms and variety of hand and power
tools. Uses a variety of cleaners and chemicals depending on the cleaning needs.
Mixes water and detergents in container to prepare cleaning solutions, according to
3. Cleans public bathrooms, elevators, offices and crew corridors in areas not under the
responsibility of a Staff/Officer Attendant.
4. Cleans carpet, upholstery, floors, walls, ceilings, draperies, windows, and room
accessories to remove effects of smoke, water and other damages such as dirt, soot,
stains, mildew, and excess water and moisture.
5. Sprays or fogs carpet, upholstery, and accessories with fabric conditioners and protectors,
deodorizers and disinfectants.
6. Dusts furniture, and washes windows, walls, ceilings, woodwork, and door panels.
Polishes brass and other metal fixtures.
7. Notifies management of all malfunctions, safety security maintenance related issues etc.
8. Maintains cleaning supplies and equipment in good working order. Makes
recommendations for the requisitions of supplies and equipment when needed.
9. Maintains current knowledge of the ship’s regular events and special functions by
reviewing all available data, (daily Compass, etc.), in order to provide guests with
accurate information to answer questions.
10. Assist the food service personnel in the collection of soiled glasses, china, cutlery, etc.
throughout the vessel. Transports to designated collection areas.
11. Empties and cleans waste-baskets and ash trays and transports trash to disposal area.
12. Transports guest’s luggage to assigned areas during embarkation and disembarkation.
13. Assist with the handling and loading of specific ship stores on loading days, as
scheduled by management and supervisor.
14. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies
that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this
position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties
assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
At least 21 years of age
speak good English
are hospitable and friendly person
having relevant experience
- Minimum one to two years previous cleaning experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star hotel.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to obtain a “Diploma of Housekeeping Efficiency” within the first six weeks of employment.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor standards, when interacting with guests and co-workers.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German
- While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
Permanent job with 6 - 8 months contracts followed by 2 months vacation; SALARY $550
Tax-free salary is paid every two weeks
Our Personnel Managers can communicate in English, Russian and Lithuanian languages
Apply now forwarding your CV in English to email@example.com