The Body Design division is responsible for design and development of vehicles intended for the European market, such as:
• interior components, instrument panels and trim panels
• seats and seat belts
• functional parts, such as wipers, door handles, hinges
• upper body shell, assembly and exterior parts, bumpers, headlights
The division provides technical support to Toyota Japan, Manufacturing Divisions and Suppliers to ensure that parts achieve the design requirements (performance, mass, cost, etc) before start of production. The Body Design division does not have responsibility for the style of the vehicle, but has close contact with the design studios in Europe and Japan in order to develop the component design.
• Total development and design responsibilities for some body parts (e.g. parts design using Catia V5, specification creation, control of the development schedule, controlling part list,…).
• Gather information on new technology, new products, materials and parts. Visit motor shows and investigate competitors’ vehicles, parts and production processes.
• Co-ordinate the design and development activities for body parts with European suppliers. Closely co-operate with Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan and European Manufacturing divisions.
• University or equivalent degree in Engineering.
• Less than 18 months working experience.
• Fluent in English.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Some experience in design (CAD system).
• Knowledge of CAD (Catia V5 or Pro Engineer) are an asset.
• Team worker and willing to learn.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Willing to travel frequently.
• Willing to join 18 months training program in Japan.
A challenging position in an advanced automotive environment, with many international contact. Continuous improvement and personal development are stimulated. The salary is competitive and added with extra-legal benefits.