Employer: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES www.carnival.com
We are looking for people willing to work as HOTEL STEWARDS/ESSES
Work on the newest vessel - Carnival Magic!
We invite you to familiarize yourself with the presentation at www.carnivalmagic.com
JOB DESCRIPTION: HOTEL STEWARDS
The Hotel Steward/ess is responsible for cleaning and maintaining open deck, crew areas and staff/officer cabins as assigned and as per company standard.
He/she will be responsible for:
- Comply with company standards regarding dress and appearance.
- Special awareness of all aspects of hospitality and always behave professionally and hospitably to guests and fellow crewmembers.
- Adheres to the company’s rules and regulations onboard as well as ashore, including all safety regulations.
- Follow the company rules and regulations and maintain the standard set for cleaning.
- Always report for duty in a timely manner.
- Follow all environmental, sanitation and public health procedures during the course of duty.
- Adhere to all safety and operational instructions regarding handling chemicals.
- Adhere to all occupational safety instructions and be aware of surroundings while performing duties to ensure a safe working and guest environment.
- Correct usage, storage and labeling of all chemicals and other applicable equipment.
- Use cleaning machines under the guidance of management, maintain and store machinery in accordance with manufacturers instructions or as designated by immediate supervisor.
- Maintenance and cleaning of open deck, public restrooms, crew bathrooms, crew areas, hallways, crew bar, back stage and crew laundries.
- Handling and transporting passenger luggage to/from the vessel on embarkation days which involves heavy lifting.
- Report all repairs to be made in assigned section, especially safety-related issues and follow-up with management as necessary.
- Coverage of Stateroom Services as required as part of ongoing training.
- Assignments as directed by Housekeeping Management.
- Be outgoing & project a friendly & fun demeanor at all times. We sell fun & smiling and friendliness is paramount to any shipboard position. 7 days a week.
Dry docks/Wet docks
- During dry docks/wet docks schedules may be altered to include the coverage of stateroom cleaning and services and or special assignments related to the circumstances. These areas will be covered under the below and considered as part of ongoing training.
- Young, strong and energetic applicants (age starting from 18 years old)
- Both male and female applicants are welcome
- Hospitable and flexible personality
- Experience in cleaning or hospitality is beneficial but not mandatory
- Spoken English at intermediate and higher (not basic) level is required
- A combination of work and travel: the opportunity to see the most beautiful places around the world!
- Contractual permanent job with the contract’s length around 8 months followed by 2 months vacation.
- Food, accommodation, medical care and insurance expenses are covered by the company.
- Permanent and stable job in an international team.
- There are promotion perspectives for the employees with right attitude and job performance.
However remember: you will be starting up a new vessel, so be ready for hard work!
Our Personnel Managers can communicate in English, Russian and Lithuanian languages.
Job interview at the end of February, location will be announced later.
Successful selected applicants will start working almost immediately - 20 March 2011 - joining Carnival Magic in Italy.
NOTE: there are no Agency Fees, only visa, medical exam and joining ticket expenses.
Apply now to be interviewed for this job forwarding your CV in ENGLISH to firstname.lastname@example.org