- Produce, maintain, update, disseminate, and expand the set of architecture baseline documentation;
- Take up technical assurance roles on IT development projects;
- Sponsor, drive, and manage the delivery of technical solutions with architectural relevance;
- Be responsible for the product management of technical sub-systems of the integrated Europol computerized system;
- Monitor new promising technologies and analyse their applicability to Europol;
- Monitor and/or participate to selected EU, law enforcement, or other relevant forums, and sponsor adoption of interfaces and standards;
- Take up solution design roles in IT development projects.
- Perform security risk assessments of information systems, including applications, middleware, system software, infrastructure, data and voice networks;
- Define the security elements of the Europol integrated IT architecture, at the application, technical, infrastructure, and IT operations levels;
- Based on security policies, data confidentiality regulations, and risk assessment results, define or upgrade system-specific security requirements for IT solutions (application and infrastructure), and accompany them through the approval process;
- Drive the evaluation and selection of the security technology products that are required to implement the selected security technical controls;
- Design and specify technical security controls, providing detailed guidance and review for their implementation and configuration;
- Write information security technical standards.
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- Ten years or more relevant IT experience, of which at least 5 in relevant Enterprise Architecture roles;
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic qualifications in the area of Information Technology;
- Sound knowledge (oral and written) of at least two EU official languages, including English; the knowledge of a Eastern EU language would also be taken into consideration as an extra personal skill;
- Good PC skills with professional competence on the Microsoft Office product suite, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio and MS Project;
- Work experience in a complex public sector environment, or at least in a highly regulated environment with an articulated governance model would be an advantage.
- Enterprise architecture experience
- Standard architecture frameworks
- General Architecture Modelling skills
- Domain areas expertise
- Identity and access management
- Authentication methods and techniques
- Authorisation models, including RBAC
- Use of cryptography and cryptographic technology
- Network security, including VPN technology
- VoIP security
- Internet security
- Application security, including application gateways and secure session management
- Firewall, host and network intrusion prevention, detection, and anti-virus technologies
- Vulnerability assessment and security compliance
- Secure remote access
- PKI and LDAP directories
- Security of web services
Basic salary scale 6 – 5 562,82 (tax deduction within Europol is approx. 8-10%)
In addition, when relevant, family allowances can be granted:
- 5% of the basic salary – household allowance;
- EUR 275,04 (Net) - per dependant child;
- EUR 896,90 (Net) – expatriation allowance
- Additional benefits (annual trip home, education, rent and other allowances, excellent health insurance, etc).
The successful applicants shall be subject to security screening in compliance with the confidentiality regulations adopted pursuant to Article 31 of the Europol Convention.
Applicants are required to fill out the Europol application form in English and submit it together with a curriculum vitae. Further information, including general conditions of employment and the application form can be obtained at the Europol web site (www.europol.eu.int) or by calling the HR unit - +31703025334/298.
Job location: The Hague
Only citizens from one of the European Member States are allowed to apply.
Deadline for application: 26 January 2007
Selection Procedure: 14 and 15 March 2007