ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES Ltd.
Position Title: Interactive Television Specialist (ML, IN, SM, CS)
Reports To: Cruise Director
Direct Reports: N/A
This position operates and maintains all aspects of the SeaVision Interactive Television System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Celebrity Cruises expects each shipboard employee to consistently exemplify the principles of the STAR Program's Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, Environmental, and Safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
It is every employee’s responsibility to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
1. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the SeaVision Interactive Television System, hardware and software.
2. Takes whatever steps necessary to insure the system is fully operational at all times. If a given situation makes doing so impossible, notifies technical support immediately, so steps can be taken to restore service as quick as possible.
3. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the system and protecting company propriety information.
4. Provides regular reports to management on the performance of the system, both technical and financial.
5. Performs public relations and marketing to the guests and crewmembers regarding the benefits of the system. Is to be available to do one of the following:
Hold an introductory talk or participate in a video interview with the Cruise Director entitled, “Getting the Most out of the SeaVision System.”
On a less formal basis, makes the best use of his or her personal encounters with the guests to provide positive encouragement and training on how to enjoy its many services and attributes.
6. Performs routine administrative procedures such as inventory control, ordering supplies, confirming receipts of shipments and processing paperwork for shipping items off the ship.
7. Performs onboard demonstrations of the system for clients, potential clients and advertisers.
8. Assists with satellite tuning as required by advice from the corporate office.
9. Maintains complete records of equipment failures and requests repair or replacement. Also keeps records of equipment that has been repaired and returned to service, or replacement equipment that has been provided. Maintains documentation of inventory related to both equipment and supplies up to date. Keeps notes of ongoing status of equipment and all A-V operational areas in general. The reports and documentation described above are to be provided to his/her successor as “hand-over notes” and are also to be forwarded to the ship’s management, and corporate office on the first day of each month for archiving.
10. Keeps an up-to-date inventory of all Pay-Per-View video material. Tracks all PPV video tapes and ensures that they are all returned when required.
11. Attends and participates in all monthly Hotel Maintenance Meetings.
12. NOTE: all work becomes the property of Celebrity Cruises. This is intended to include absolutely all material whether intellectual or artistic in nature and includes programming of controllers, as well as creation of graphics, both raw and edited video, lighting or sound cues/programming, rigging cues/programming, computer programs/routines/files, and any other work done or utilized for Celebrity cruises. There is no contemplation of additional compensation for such work.
13. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
14. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
15. Attends mandatory crewmember's and guest safety drills as required.
16. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
MINIMUM AGE LIMIT IS 21 Y.O.
PROFESIONAL KNOWLEDGE WITH WORK EXPERIENCE ARE A MUST
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
Conducts spot checks to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
Minimum of two years experience as an Interactive Television Manager or Computer Systems Manager in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship, entertainment or recreational industry (shipboard experience preferred).
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Superior customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
Very strong communication, problem solving, organizational, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
Advanced computer software skills required.
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
Coursework in data systems or computer programming at an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
MSCE certification or equivalent required.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfill the following:
Completion of two contracts with a performance rating of satisfactory or above along with demonstrated leadership skills.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred
Our Personnel Managers can communicate in English, Russian and Lithuanian languages
Apply now forwarding your CV in English to email@example.com