We require a Linux System / Network Administrator to support a high availability, resilient, secure and scalable technical infrastructure. This involves planning, designing, deployment, maintenance and documentation of network and Linux server infrastructure and all aspects related to IP communication within the company. This is a full-time position based in Riga, Latvia.
• 5+ years Linux/Networking experience and 7+ years of IT work experience
• Experience with project management and formalized development processes
• Experience in managing a team of system administrators as their technical leader.
• Understands the need to follow procedures and is able to create and advise the creation of policies and procedures for the network(s) being managed.
• Good communicational skills and the ability to motivate other members of the team
• Spoken and written English
• Scripting and shell programming
• LAN and WAN technologies in high traffic environments
• Low level IP and general networking knowledge including routing, BGP and NAT
• Permanently aware of the security implications of their work, and able to implement and advise the creation of security policies and procedures
• Best-practice network design and implementation (firewalls, DMZ, etc.)
• Ensure 24x7 operations and participate in on-call rotation schedule.
• Availability for short-term traveling (generally UK; potentially other locations as well).
• C/C++ development skills in relation with *nix system administration.
• Experience with various types of DDOS, and their resolution.
• Experience with CISCO/JUNIPER/FOUNDRY devices.
• Experience with running large production systems and maintaining 24x7 web server environments; centralized server management.
• Experience with the Gentoo Linux distribution.
• Experience with remote management of Linux servers and networks.
Available Project Areas
We have openings in the following major project areas:
• Production environment – maintain, secure, automate tasks in a high-traffic, high-availability remote network; team leader and primary technical person.
• Riga IT Operations – maintain, secure, and automate deployment of the Riga office/miscellaneous systems, network and non-production systems
• Challenging, exciting, ‘world first’ projects
• A young multi-national English-based team
• Office located in the very center of Riga, walking distance to most of the popular restaurants, pubs, cafés and night clubs – 100s of them.
• Work environment according to International standards (currently setting up on-site recreational facilities – gym, entertainment area and cafeteria)
• Care and dedication from the management team and your colleagues – we’re all striving to achieve the common good
• Aid in the relocation process, for you and your close family, if needed
• Salary – to attract the very best, additional benefits