British Embassy Riga is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, and is now looking to recruit a motivated security guard.
As a full-time permanent member of a team of security guards you will be responsible for the security of the British Embassy compound and external perimeter, vehicle searches, escorting visitors and maintaining an accurate log of events. The successful candidate will be required to work in shifts, including night time, public holidays and weekends.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience in a security related field of employment.
• Valid security guard certificate will be considered an advantage.
• A good working level of Latvian and English; Russian will be considered an advantage.
• A valid driver’s licence will be considered an advantage.
• Starting gross salary EUR 4.20 per hour, plus EUR 67.65 per month.
• A health insurance, including sport and dental care.
• Two additional annual leave days per year.
• A combination of Latvia’s and UK public holidays.
• Five learning and development days per year.
• Extensive training opportunities.
• Work with a responsible employer.
Expected Start Date: 10 June 2019
The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from all suitably qualified persons, including women, members of minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities are therefore welcome. All applications will be treated on merit.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Latvia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Latvian labour law.
Visa/Passport requirements: Must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Latvia and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please apply by uploading your CV, two references and a letter of motivation in English, providing evidence of the required skills and experience by the end of Thursday, 23 May 2019.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Interviews for successful candidates will be conducted in English.
• Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
• Successful candidates are subject to a local and international criminal record check.
If you are interested in this job offer, please press "Apply now" ("Pieteikties").