We require a Senior C Developer (Linux) to join and lead a high caliber team designing and developing a very complex, high-performance, large and fully scalable server system, and bring it to the next generation architecture. This is a full-time position based in Riga, Latvia.
• Exceptional programmer and system designer in complex, high performance and scalable server systems.
• Good algorithmic and implementation skills.
• 4+ years of C under Linux (Unix) and 5+ years of working experience.
• Experience with project management and formalized development processes
• Experience in managing a team of developers as their technical leader
• Understands the need to follow procedures and is able to create functional and system specifications
• Good communicational skills and the ability to motivate other members of the team
• Spoken and written English
• Experience with Client/Server architectures, server farms and scalable design.
• POSIX sockets (all flavors), asynchronous and synchronous I/O, poll/epoll
• Threading, thread synchronization
• Experience with the ODBC API is a plus
• Awareness of the security implications of writing servers.
• Ability to debug, profile and optimize code.
• In-depth knowledge of HTTP and other Internet related protocols is a plus
• The ideal candidate would have extensive experience with video/audio encoding, various video/audio formats, streaming, ffmpeg software package.
Available Project Areas
We have openings in the following major project areas:
• Video Redistribution Server – developing on the foundation of the existing VRS, implementing new video/audio formats and various flavors of streaming.
• Chat Server – improving the existing chat servers; modify the architecture to aid scaling independent of product specs.
• Business Logic Layer – implementing a scalable business logic layer that sits between the application and the database, helping alleviate the database load and aiding scalability.
• Challenging, exciting, ‘world first’ projects
• A young multi-national English-based team
• Office located in the very center of Riga, walking distance to most of the popular restaurants, pubs, cafés and night clubs – 100s of them.
• Work environment according to International standards (currently setting up on-site recreational facilities – gym, entertainment area and cafeteria)
• Care and dedication from the management team and your colleagues – we’re all striving to achieve the common good
• Aid in the relocation process, for you and your close family, if needed
• Salary – to attract the very best, additional benefits