We require a Senior C++ Developer to work in a high caliber team whose task is to build new, complex, ‘world first’ commercial products in the area of Video/Audio conferencing. This is a full-time position based in Riga, Latvia.
• Exceptional programmer and system designer for Windows systems
• Good algorithmic and implementation skills
• 4+ years of C++ development and 5+ years of working experience
• Experience with project management and formalized development processes
• Experience in managing a team of developers as their technical leader.
• Understands the need to follow procedures and is able to create functional and system specifications
• Good communicational skills and the ability to motivate other members of the team
• Spoken and written English
• Visual Studio environment (C++)
• OOP concepts and implementation
• Win32 API
• Networking (TCP, UDP)
• Knowledge in the following areas is a plus:
DirectShow - Video/Audio capture, filters, codecs
Internet/streaming specific issues (bandwidth limitation, audio/video synchronization, etc)
• Experience with MPEG4 video/audio compression and codecs is a plus.
• Familiarity with Visual Basic 6 (User Interface) is a plus.
Available Project Areas
We have openings in the following major project areas:
• Video and audio broadcaster – maintenance and development of new features (implementation of MPEG4/xvid encoding, etc.); team leader and main technical person.
• Hotel system – interactive and participation TV developer.
• Challenging, exciting, ‘world first’ projects
• A young multi-national English-based team
• Office located in the very center of Riga, walking distance to most of the popular restaurants, pubs, cafés and night clubs – 100s of them.
• Work environment according to International standards (currently setting up on-site recreational facilities – gym, entertainment area and cafeteria)
• Care and dedication from the management team and your colleagues – we’re all striving to achieve the common good
• Aid in the relocation process, for you and your close family, if needed
• Salary – to attract the very best, additional benefits