We require a Senior C++ Developer to work in a high caliber team whose task is to build new, complex, ‘world first’ commercial products in the area of Video/Audio conferencing. This is a full-time position based in Riga, Latvia.
- Exceptional programmer and system designer for Windows systems
- Good algorithmic and implementation skills
- 4+ years of C++ development and 5+ years of working experience
- Experience with project management and formalized development processes
- Experience in managing a team of developers as their technical leader.
- Understands the need to follow procedures and is able to create functional and system specifications
- Good communicational skills and the ability to motivate other members of the team
- Spoken and written English
- Visual Studio environment (C++)
- OOP concepts and implementation
- Win32 API
- Networking (TCP, UDP)
- Knowledge in the following areas is a plus:
Internet/streaming specific issues (bandwidth limitation, audio/video synchronization, etc)
- Experience with MPEG4 video/audio compression and codecs is a plus.
- Familiarity with Visual Basic 6 (User Interface) is a plus.
Available Project Areas
We have openings in the following major project areas:
- Video and audio broadcaster – maintenance and development of new features (implementation of MPEG4/xvid encoding, etc.); team leader and main technical person.
- Hotel system – interactive and participation TV developer.
- Challenging, exciting, ‘world first’ projects
- A young multi-national English-based team
- Office located in the very center of Riga, walking distance to most of the popular restaurants, pubs, cafés and night clubs – 100s of them.
- Work environment according to International standards (currently setting up on-site recreational facilities – gym, entertainment area and cafeteria)
- Care and dedication from the management team and your colleagues – we’re all striving to achieve the common good
- Aid in the relocation process, for you and your close family, if needed
- Salary – to attract the very best, additional benefits