We require a Senior PHP Developer to join and lead a high caliber team developing a very complex, large, fully scalable world leading e-commerce web site, its associated subsystems and back office/MIS infrastructure. This is a full-time position based in Riga, Latvia.
• Exceptional developer and system designer in complex, high performance and scalable web applications, with substantial traffic load
• Good algorithmic and implementation skills
• 3+ years PHP experience and 5+ years working experience
• Experience with project management and formalized development processes
• Experience in managing a team of developers as their technical leader
• Understands the need to follow procedures and is able to create functional and system specifications
• Good communicational skills and the ability to motivate other members of the team
• Spoken and written English
• Experience with PHP running on Linux systems.
• Experience with writing SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.; experience with designing databases for specific application needs (and/or assisting the DBA team in doing so).
• Understanding of web application/PHP security issues.
• Ability to debug, profile and optimize PHP code.
• Experience with the specifics of designing, developing, running and maintaining large, scalable systems; trade-offs, requirements, etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server; large databases.
• In-depth knowledge of HTTP and other Internet related protocols.
• Experience with inter-process communication APIs (SYSV queues, etc.)
Available Project Areas
We have openings in the following major project areas:
• Affiliate/partner program/MIS – improvements and new features, back office
• MIS/Statistics – reporting and statistics, MIS
• New features e-commerce site – development of new features on the main e-commerce site
• Mobile devices backend – development in supporting the mobile business arm (integration, mobile billing, new features, etc.)
• White Label – development and improvements to the White Label product (that is built around the main e-commerce site).
• Hotel system – development, new features and general improvements to the hotel back end and front end.
• Challenging, exciting, ‘world first’ projects
• A young multi-national English-based team
• Office located in the very center of Riga, walking distance to most of the popular restaurants, pubs, cafés and night clubs – 100s of them.
• Work environment according to International standards (currently setting up on-site recreational facilities – gym, entertainment area and cafeteria)
• Care and dedication from the management team and your colleagues – we’re all striving to achieve the common good
• Aid in the relocation process, for you and your close family, if needed
• Salary – to attract the very best, additional benefits