Apollo Ship Chandlers
Title: Cabin Steward/ess
Reports to: Assistant Housekeeper, Chief Housekeeper
Subordinates: Assistant Cabin Steward/ess
The major goal of the position is the cleanliness of all Guest’s staterooms in his/her respective section, including passageways as per the Company’s Standards.
1. Responsible for a station of approximately twenty Guest cabins.
2. Provides personal assistance to Guests and aims to exceed their expectations.
3. Must be always friendly and helpful, to all Guests regardless if they are or are not in your section.
4. On embarkation day, must escort Guest’s to their cabins, carry their hand baggage and explain cabin amenities and layout.
5. On the first evening of the cruise, greets his/her Guests on his/her station, and explains the cabin services she/he will provide including duty hours and other room service availability.
6. Handle all the linen necessary for the daily operation taking care of the necessary exchange in the Ship’s Laundry.
7. Must take room service food and beverage orders during shift hours and ensure prompt and efficient delivery. In case of chargeable items must present the check to Guests for signature, returning it to the Bartender.
8. Takes care of Guest’s personal laundry requests, taking it to and from the laundry and presents laundry bill to the Guests. (Which is charged to Guest Account).
9. Stripping and re-covering of beds as per set schedule and standards.
10. Must re-stock the Mini-Bars and charge used items to Guests.
11. Must replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, stationary, ice and all other amenities.
12. Must report and follow up all defective equipment, fixtures and supplies.
13. Must ensure the cleanliness of the cabins, coordinating with the Assistant Cabin Steward/ess the various daily cleaning tasks.
14. Responsible for work, conduct, appearance and performance of Assistant Cabin Steward: must report any deficiencies to the Chief Housekeeper.
15. Responsible for safe handling of equipment in the section: vacuum cleaner, stewardess cart, etc.
16. Ensures personal appearance and personal hygiene and uniform are at all times in accordance with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
17. Must be knowledgeable and comply with the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations pertaining to his/her working area at all times.
1. Participates in safety drills, according to instructions.
2. Complies with Oceania’s safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
Education / Training
Requires a minimum of 3 years as a chambermaid (Quality Hotels or Cruise Ships). Standard High School education.
Must be able to communicate effectively and to speak clearly in English with Supervisors and Guests alike. Other languages are considered a plus.
1. Great attitude at all times
3. Team worker
5. Well groomed and neat appearance
7. Ability to perform under pressure (time constraints).
8. Ability to work with an international team.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 6 MONTH / 2 MONTHS VACATION
Our Personnel Managers can communicate in English, Russian and Lithuanian languages.
Apply now forwarding your CV in English to email@example.com