As a key member of the Local IT Team, this role will be responsible for implementing and managing the storage infrastructure for a large project. The person
must have worked in Storage engineer role for 5+ years and extensive SAN/NAS background. The person must have expertise in designing and
implementing various storage systems like EMC/NETAPP/DDN.
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Interface directly with other IT teams and storage vendors to design solutions that meet project goals and requirements.
- Responsibility for maintaining the overall technical integrity of storage and backup infrastructure.
- Administer Storage systems and supporting hardware : EMC, DDN, Broadcom and NetApp storage hardware and software
- Must understand zoning, LUN masking,NAS volume creations and proprietary commands for administering shared disk resources in a complex
- Storage Protocols , Fiber Channel , iSCSI , CIFS , NFS
- Identify and resolve storage area network and related system performance problems
- Perform troubleshooting activities on SAN, fiber channel, and server environment
- Perform hardware upgrades and swaps
- Interface with external vendors as necessary
- Actively participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing storage operating systems and applications
- Maintain knowledge base of current technology with continuous self-study
- Storage Certification
- ITIL certification
- Project management
- Working in a changeable environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills (customers, management, and peers)
- Managing people and leadership abilities
- Detail and Process oriented person working in ITIL matured organization.
- Software Engineering/ Integration
- Other languages (Spanish, Arabic) - an advantage
Competitive salary, high standard living conditions, frequent home leaves.
Relocation to the UAE