The successful candidate will join the System Operations Section (SOS) as a CFMU Systems
Operations (CSO) polyvalent operator and perform his/her duties under the responsibility of a CSO Supervisor. The assignment depends on the status of working arrangements and fulfilment
of knowledge requirements and the ability to operate and monitor all CFMU applications, platforms, networks and ancillary sub-systems in line with the System Operation Procedures.
The job corresponds to the E1 group of CFMU Operational Staff Service posts.
- monitoring and operating autonomously, under the responsibility of the CSO Supervisor, the CFMU applications, platforms, networks and ancillary sub-systems in line with System Operation
- application of recovery and contingency procedures in accordance with the System Operation Procedures in order to restore the CFMU systems and services
- reporting the incidents, keeping various system usage statistics and maintaining client information database; first level support to internal CFMU users and external customers
- participating in the SOS support work such as document reviews and execution of system
- higher secondary technical education or equivalent professional experience
- minimum of 4 years’ proven experience in operating within a complex mission critical systems environment. This experience should include operating either UNIX/ Windows NT platforms, communication networks and customer helpdesk
- good knowledge of HP Openview, Remedy and MS Office. Experience or proven ability in applying strict operating procedures within deadlines in an operational environment with high availability requirements
- high motivation and ability for team work with a good sense of responsibility coupled with the willingness and capability to work in shifts, 24 hours/day and 7 days/week
- resistance to tress generated during resolution of technical incidents
- the languages of the Agency are English and French. Candidates should have an excellent command of English and a working knowledge of French.
- Work in a perspective and stable company.
- Possibility to realize oneself in a growing company.
- Cool colleagues.
- Motivating salary and stable social guarantees.
Applications: in order to be considered for this competition, the Eurocontrol application form should be completed and submitted on-line at the following link:
from our website www.eurocontrol.int.
The closing date for this competition is 8 March 2007.
24 May 2007