We require a Windows System Administrator to support a high availability, resilient, secure and scalable technical infrastructure. This involves planning, designing, deployment, maintenance and documentation of a Windows network and Windows server infrastructure. This is a full-time position based in Riga, Latvia.
- 3+ years Windows experience and 5+ years of IT work experience
- Experience with project management and formalized development processes
- Experience in managing a team of system administrators as their technical leader.
- Understands the need to follow procedures and is able to create and advise the creation of policies and procedures for the network(s) being managed.
- Good communicational skills and the ability to motivate other members of the team
- Spoken and written English
- Experience with Windows 2000 Professional and 2000 & 2003 Server editions
- DNS, WINS, DHCP, Active Directory
- Permanently aware of the security implications of their work, and able to implement and advise the creation of security policies and procedures
- Best-practice network design and implementation (firewalls, DMZ, etc.)
- Ensure 24x7 operations and participate in on-call rotation schedule.
- Availability for short-term traveling (generally UK; potentially other locations as well).
- LAN and WAN technologies in high traffic environments
- Low level IP and general networking knowledge including routing, BGP and NAT
- Experience with various types of DDOS, and their resolution.
- Experience with CISCO/JUNIPER/FOUNDRY devices.
Available Project Areas
We have openings in the following major project areas:
- Riga IT Operations – maintain, secure, and automate deployment of the Riga office/miscellaneous systems, network and non-production systems
- Challenging, exciting, ‘world first’ projects
- A young multi-national English-based team
- Office located in the very center of Riga, walking distance to most of the popular restaurants, pubs, cafés and night clubs – 100s of them.
- Work environment according to International standards (currently setting up on-site recreational facilities – gym, entertainment area and cafeteria)
- Care and dedication from the management team and your colleagues – we’re all striving to achieve the common good
- Aid in the relocation process, for you and your close family, if needed
- Salary – to attract the very best, additional benefits