Hyde and Associates has an opening for a telecommunications engineer in its Tallinn office to assist the firm in dealing with technical issues in radiocommunications that come up in the course of its legal advisory work, as well as assist with administrative filings around the world.
The position is an ideal entry-level position for a motivated and independent-minded engineer with a pedagogical mindset. The position is an office position and is not suitable for engineers looking for physical, operational work on actual systems.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advise both staff at the firm and clients on radiocommunications technical issues to help them improve their administrative and legal work.
- Design and implementation of documents, work standards and systems to increase the firm’s performance.
- Assist in daily operations on all technical matters.
- Analyze industry trends in order to help identify the impact of technical issues governing telecommunications systems, and the best manner of dealing with such questions.
- University Degree in IT Systems Development, Radio and Communication Engineering or similarly enabling degree.
- Good general technical knowledge on radiocommunication. Our work involves licensing and other regulatory issues on satellite transmission such as VSATs, BGANs and satphones, as well as other types of systems such as micro-wave, VHF-UHF systems and others. Working knowledge of each such system is not necessary, but knowledge of some of those systems and good familiarity with basic principles of radiocommunications will be useful.
- Fluent in English (written, read and spoken).
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical staff.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Independent and adaptable.
- A unique opportunity to work with an international team representing the planet’s largest organizations worldwide.
- Developing your technical and client skills.
- Opportunities for professional growth.
- Being part of an enthusiastic and multicultural group.
If you are interested in this job offer, please press "Apply now" ("Pieteikties").